Claiming compensation for faulty goods and services

In accordance with the Sale of Goods Act 1979, any goods or services that you buy from a trader must be of an acceptable standard and match the description that was issued. Normally in cases such as this you would have the right to return the goods and get all your money back – which is called a full refund – but if this is not the case then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation. If you have paid for goods and you have started to use them, but notice that they aren’t up to the standards you have paid for, then it is important that you stop using it and notify the trader immediately and request your money be returned. If they refuse, then making a claim for compensation could be your best chance to recoup your losses.

Where might you look to claim?

If you believe that the goods or services you have ordered aren’t up to a satisfactory standard then you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation. Some common examples of where a claim could be made include:

·         Claims if your goods/services aren’t of satisfactory quality

·         Claims if your goods/services don’t match the description given

·         Claims if your goods/services aren’t fit for purpose

·         Claims if you are injured as a result of faulty goods/services.

Who might be responsible for your claim?

If you have paid for goods or services that are either faulty, don’t match the description or are not up to your satisfaction then it is customary that you are able to revive a refund. If however this is not the case then you could be entitled to make a claim against them and recoup any losses you have incurred as a result. A claim such as this would normally be made against the trader as it is their responsibility to ensure that the correct package or service is delivered to you, so if they have been negligent in this duty you shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences.

Will Manners Pimblett be able to help with my claim?

If you are looking to make a claim for compensation but you are unsure of how to go about it, then it is advised that you seek out the help of professionals – which is where the team at Manners Pimblett can help you. If you have paid for goods or services that are not up to the standards which they have been displayed as, then you could look to make a claim in order to recoup you of any losses. We will be able to work with you throughout the course of the hearing and ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to.

For more information on how the team at Manners Pimblett can help you, simply speak to one of our advisors today on 0845 077 0772.

Contact us now...
Make a claim with our online accident claim form
Free claim calculator
accident claims
Call us 24/7 on 0800 970 2907

Article archive

November 2015 August 2015 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 April 2013 February 2013 January 2013 November 2012 September 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 November 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 April 2010