As air travel has become more accessible to us over the past 20, the number of people travelling abroad on a regular basis has increased dramatically... but unfortunately this increase in travel had also inevitably led to an increase in accidents and illnesses suffered away from home.

If you have suffered as a result of an accident or illness abroad that wasn't your fault then you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. Read on to find out how Manners Pimblett can help you claim back what could rightfully be yours.

What are the common types of claims for accidents and illnesses abroad?

Accidents and illness claims for incidents endured abroad vary as much as they do for UK based claims. However there are a number of common occurrences that you should be aware of, and could potentially make a claim against:

Common injuries and illness claims from accidents suffered abroad include:

Accidents at work while working for a UK company in a foreign country
Injuries suffered in hotels/resorts due to badly maintained walkways
Food poisoning
Road traffic accidents

What should I do in the immediate aftermath of suffering an accident or illness abroad?

Keep as many records as you can as you will have to prove blame, should it come to court. Inform your tour operator or employer as soon as possible and get them to record your injury in a log book. Also ensure you take names and addresses of any witnesses that may have seen your accident.

In addition, make sure you keep receipts and records of any expenses incurred, including all medical costs.

Accidents at work while abroad... can I always claim?

In most cases yes. It becomes less complicated if you are working abroad for a UK based company and you suffer an injury as a result of an accident that wasn't your fault. In that case you would be able to make a personal injury claim using a UK based solicitor, providing the employer has a office or place of business with the UK.

However, even if you are working for a foreign company and you suffer an injury at work that wasn't your fault, you may still be entitled to compensation and you should still contact Manners Pimblett to seek specialist legal advice.

What about if I'm just on holiday and I'm injured in an accident?

If you suffer an injury as a result of an accident that wasn't your fault while on holiday in another country you can claim in this country if:

What about claiming for illnesses? Food poisoning for example...

Food poisoning while abroad is a very common occurrence. Mild symptoms are often mistaken for food poisoning, when in fact it could just be your body adjusting to new food and drink. However, if your symptoms are more serious, and you contracted a form of food poisoning from the hotel restaurant, then you may be entitled to some compensation.

Often food poisoning does affect not just you but others on your holiday, and it would be usful to obtain there details to help support your claim.

And finally, what if you were injured as part of an excursion while on holiday?

As your solicitor we will need to find out from you, where and when you booked you excursion, who you booked it with? and as with all holiday claims it is important to retain booking documents.  We can advise you if we feel you have a claim.

Contact us now...
Make a claim with our online accident claim form

Articles about Holiday Accident Claims on Manners Pimblett

MoD sued by former employee after accident A former RAF employee is suing the Ministry of Defence (MoD) after an accident at a work social event left him paralysed from the waist down. Robert U... Read more » What's the difference? We are often asked what is the difference between, Manners Pimblett and some of the other accident claims companies that you see advertising on televi... Read more » Easy to claim, quick compensation All I want is an easy way of claiming. So many times we hear the relief in our claimants voices when we explain how easy it is to make a claim. Most p... Read more » Unsure about Personal injury Compensation? Claim for an accident, slip, trip or fall with Manners Pimblett. Our claims team is available 24 hours a day to take your call. Our website is here fo... Read more » Claim Data Assurance When you fill an accident claim form online or call our claims team, you need to feel assured that your data is only going to be used for the purpose ... Read more » Losing a toe Manners Pimblett offer a No Win No Fee service and we promise that you will keep the maximum of any compensation awarded – so what have you got to l... Read more » Claiming Compensation On Slips & Trips At Manners Pimblett we are experts in successfully claiming compensation on slips and trips for victims in a professional and sensitive manner. Read more » Hair Damage Claims If your hair has been damaged as the result of professional negligence, then you could be eligible to make a hair damage claim Read more » Loss of Hand Compensation Claim Over £10billion was paid out in compensation claims in the UK last year. Contact Legal today to discuss whether your are entitled to make a claim. Read more » Injuries Sustained Whilst on Package Holidays Talk to Manners Pimblett's claim advisor's to see if you can claim compensation for your holiday illness or accident abroad on 0800 990 3500. Read more » What is Burden of Proof When making a successful personal injury claim it is important to understand what burden of proof is. Read more » Claiming Compensation for an Accident on Holiday If you have sustained a personal injury through an accident on holiday abroad, and it is not your fault, then you may be entitled to financial compens... Read more »
Free claim calculator
Call us 24/7 on 0800 970 2907