Claiming Compensation Against the Police

We all acknowledge and understand the responsibility and rights of our police officers to operate in a safe and effective manner. Every year our police forces do a fantastic job to maintain law and order on our streets while providing us with a safe and secure place to live. Unfortunately, from time to time police forces can get out of hand and this can have serious implications for anyone who happens to be at the receiving end.

Reveal the remainder of this article »

If you believe that you have been assaulted, incorrectly imprisoned or arrested when you were completely innocent then you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation. Taking on the police force can be a daunting task and as there are many laws in place to protect police officers and this is why it’s a good idea to get professional advice. The Manners Pimblett team know the ins and outs of making a successful claim and we can help you.

How can I take action against the police?

Although the police are given a great deal of rights to ensure that our streets remain safe and secure, they are not above the law and every person is entitled to their basic human rights. If you feel that your human rights have been violated then regardless of any crime you may have committed, you may still be eligible to make a claim against the police force if you believe you have been mis-treated.

What can I make a claim for?

There are many instances where you may be able to make a claim against the police and some of these include:

  • Assault/Abuse – if you have been assaulted, beaten or abused by a police officer in any situation then you may be eligible for medical compensation
  • Wrongful arrest – If you have been arrested and accused of a crime that you are later found not guilty of you may be able to make a compensation  claim
  • Incorrect imprisonment – If you have been put in jail for a crime of which you are later acquitted you may be able to make a claim for compensation
  • Negligence in jail – If you are sentenced to jail and are not correctly look after, fed and given adequate amount of water.

How can I claim?

If you believe that you have been mis-treated by the police then you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation to cover any medical expenses that you have incurred in addition to any further psychological problems that may have occurred as a result of false imprisonment or unlawful arrest.

Making a claim against the police can be a challenging task, but with the help of the Manners Pimblett team we can work with you to ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are entitled. So what are you waiting for? Give our team a call today on 0845 077 0772. 

Contact us now...
Make a claim with our online accident claim form
Free claim calculator
accident claims
injury claims
Call us 24/7 on 0800 970 2907

Article archive

November 2015 August 2015 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 April 2013 February 2013 January 2013 November 2012 September 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 November 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 April 2010