Claiming Compensation for an Accident on Holiday

If you have sustained a personal injury through an accident on holiday abroad, and it is not your fault, then you may be entitled to financial compensation. Every year British holiday makers suffer accidents on holiday. Holidays are meant to be a break from the stresses of day to day life. Unfortunately accidents can often happen if your holiday destination has not been satisfactory maintained. Call us for free at Manners Pimblett, and we will assess your claim. If you are successful the financial award can help compensate you for the injury that you have suffered.

Reveal the remainder of this article »

The law protects British holiday makers abroad

There is legislation called Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 (the Regulations). This protects holiday makers when they have booked a package holiday abroad which covers a period of 24 hours or overnight accommodation.

The Regulations puts a duty of care on the travel operator to ensure that the holiday maker is kept free from harm during the arrangements that are organised as part of the package. For example:

  • The transport;
  • The accommodation;
  • On any tourist excursions such as a day trip.

Please be aware that these Regulations only apply when you have booked a package holiday.

What is a package holiday?

Package holidays are booked in advance, and are sold at an all inclusive price. They include at least two of the following:

  • Transport;
  • Accommodation;
  • Tourist services such as a holiday representative or a sightseeing trip.

Therefore you are only entitled to claim under the Regulations if your accident happens when a) you are on a package holiday and b) as part of an arrangement you have bought as part of the package holiday. Contact us at Manners Pimblett and our friendly and knowledgeable claim advisors will assess your claim.

I did not book a package holiday, can I still claim?

If you organised your own holiday and suffered a personal injury abroad, then we at Manners Pimblett may still be able to help. If you contact us now for FREE, or complete our online claim form, we will advise you on how you may be able to seek compensation.

I have suffered an accident on holiday, what should I do?

In all cases where you suffer an accident abroad and it is not your fault, it is important for your claim to do the following:

  • Report the accident to the appropriate person. This may be your holiday representative, the local police, or your hotel manager;
  • If you have any concerns or complaints make sure they are recorded with the appropriate person;
  • Document the accident;
  • Keep the receipts or invoices for any expenses resulting from the accident;
  • Contact an expert Legal Representative to help you with your potentially complicated claim.

We at Manners Pimblett are experts in claiming for compensation for accidents suffered on holiday. Call us for FREE for no obligation advice on whether you have a claim. We offer NO WIN NO FEE* agreements on personal injury matters, call one of our experts today for more information. 0845 0770772. 

Contact us now...
Make a claim with our online accident claim form
Free claim calculator
accident claims
injury claims
Call us 24/7 on 0800 970 2907

Article archive

November 2015 August 2015 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 April 2013 February 2013 January 2013 November 2012 September 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 November 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 April 2010