Compensation for Accidents on public property

When it comes to making a personal injury claim there are a number of circumstances that could contribute to your accident, but in some cases it could be the location of your accident that alludes to the success or failure of your claim. When it comes to injuries on public property then it’s important that when you consider a claim you have a negligent party in mind as frequently you may otherwise struggle to find someone directly responsible for your injury. 

Reveal the remainder of this article »

If you do have an accident on public property then there are a number of situations where you may be eligible to make a personal injury claim, this includes if you are directly injured by another person, if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, if you or your child is injured in a playground or if you incur injuries on a public footpath or other walkway. 

What type of accidents can occur on public property?

There are many accidents which occur on public property which you may be eligible to make a personal injury claim for and these include:

  • Accidents which occur on public footpaths or other areas which are maintained by the Council
  • Accidents which occur on roads, highways or other Council maintained transport paths due to negligent maintenance
  • Injuries which might occur in a playground, park or other public area due to negligence of maintenance on behalf of the Council
  • Motor vehicle accidents which occur on public roads
  • Injuries which result from physical fights.

Who could I claim against?

When it comes to making a claim for compensation there are a number of people who you could claim against. In general if you are injured on public property due to a defect such as poorly maintained equipment, roads or foothpaths then your compensation claim could be directed towards the Council as they are directly responsible for managing these areas. 

If your claim is for an accident that occurs on public property but is as the result of an outside element such as a motor vehicle accident or physical fight then your claim will likely be directed against the other person if you feel that they have been negligent to you, or if your injuries were caused as the direct result of their negligence. 

What should I do next?

Manners Pimblett are industry experts when it comes to dealing with personal injury claims and we will work with you throughout the process to ensure that you have a helping hand with you every step of the way. Our team bring together a wealth of knowledge and experience to help ensure the success of your next personal injury claim. 

To find out more give the team a call today on 0845 077 0772.

Contact us now...
Make a claim with our online accident claim form
Free claim calculator
accident claims
injury claims
Call us 24/7 on 0800 970 2907

Article archive

November 2015 August 2015 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 April 2013 February 2013 January 2013 November 2012 September 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 November 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 April 2010