Compensation for an Accident on a Public Road

When it comes to personal injury claims, one of the most common types of claim that we deal with are motor vehicle accidents. Normally when you are dealing with this type of claim there is always a person at fault, so it is easy to assign the blame and therefore make a clear personal injury claim. When it comes to motor vehicles accident they usually occur on public roads and can occur as a result of an accident between two vehicles or one vehicle and an external object.

Reveal the remainder of this article »

Regardless of the type of accident that you have, if it has been caused through the negligence of another person, for example as the result of a collision with another vehicle, or as the result of negligence on behalf of a third party, such as obstacles on the road, then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation. 

What type of accidents could I claim for?

When it comes to accidents which occur on a public road, there are a number of different accidents that you could make a claim for and these include:

  • Motor vehicle collisions – a collision with another vehicle where the other driver is at fault and you are injured as a result
  • Collisions due to items left on the road – if another driver has dropped something onto the road and you hit it or take evasive action
  • Potholes or other road problems – if the road has been poorly maintained and you are injured as a result
  • Poor weather – if the road is icy and has not been correctly cleared then you could make a claim against the council for negligence. 

What injuries could I receive?

When it comes to public road accidents you could receive a number of injuries and these include:

  • Head and neck injuries including whiplash
  • Broken or damaged limbs
  • Brain damage
  • Glass cuts and lacerations
  • Death.

Who can I claim against?

Depending on your accident there are a number of people that you could make a claim against. If you are injured as the result of a collision with another vehicle then you could make a claim against a negligent driver if they are at fault. Alternately if you are involved in an accident as a result of negligence on the road, such as a pothole or ice then you could make a claim against the council if you feel they have been negligent in their road maintenance. 

What should I do next?

Manners Pimblett are personal injury experts and can help you with your claim every step of the way. Our team will work with you to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. 

For more information or to start claiming today contact the Manners Pimblett team on 0845 077 0772.


Contact us now...
Make a claim with our online accident claim form
Free claim calculator
accident claims
injury claims
Call us 24/7 on 0800 970 2907

Article archive

November 2015 August 2015 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 April 2013 February 2013 January 2013 November 2012 September 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 November 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 April 2010