Compensation for social care abuse

When it comes to many people there is a time in their life where they may require additional help which cannot be provided by family members and friends, at this stage they may choose to enter a social care home to look after their day to day needs in an environment which helps to take the pressure of their loved ones and ensures that they receive the care and attention that they require throughout. 

Reveal the remainder of this article »

Unfortunately in some situations these homes are not the ideal location and although in most circumstances they do an incredible job of looking after those who cannot look after themselves, in some situations they don’t. If you have been left with injuries as the result of social care abuse then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation. 

What are some common examples of social care abuse?

There are many situations where you could make a claim for social care abuse and these include:

  • Neglect – if your carer has neglected to look after you, this includes if they forget to administer the correct medication, deprive you of water and food, or are generally negligent towards you
  • Poor conditions – if your general living conditions are maintained to a poor standard, this could include various health hazards such as poorly lit stairwells, objects left lying around or uneven flooring
  • Poor sanitation – this could include dirty living conditions and food poisoning which results from poor hygiene.

Who could I claim against?

When it comes to social care abuse there are a number of people who you may claim against and this could include the social care home operator as well as any members of staff who may work there. If you have received an injury through negligent maintenance of a social care facility, this could include poor flooring, poor lighting, poor living and generally poor conditions you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation. 

In addition, if you feel that you have been neglected by a social care worker, this could include them leaving you with malnutrition, failing to supply you with adequate medications or intimidating or physically abusing you, then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation. 

What should I do next?

When it comes to making a claim for compensation the team at Manners Pimblett are on hand to help you. We will work with you throughout the process every step of the way to ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to in a timely and efficient manner. Our team are industry experts and we bring to the table a wealth of knowledge and experience to help you throughout the claims process, every step of the way. For more information or to speak to a member of our team today, contact the Manners Pimblett team on 0845 077 0772.  


Contact us now...
Make a claim with our online accident claim form
Free claim calculator
accident claims
injury claims
Call us 24/7 on 0800 970 2907

Article archive

November 2015 August 2015 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 April 2013 February 2013 January 2013 November 2012 September 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 November 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 April 2010