Compensation for unsafe floor covering

When it comes to the homes, the workplace or any other public areas the floor which we walk upon contributes to our mobility and also to our safety, so it’s important that it follows a number of rules and regulations as a result. In general, floor covering is either carpeted or polished wood floorboards, but regardless of the type of covering you need to ensure that it is well-maintained to avoid any potential injuries. 

Reveal the remainder of this article »

When it comes to injuries on public or private property, if you are injured as the result of an unsafe floor covering, this could be due to an uneven surface or a slippery surface, then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim if you feel that the owner or person responsible has been negligent towards you and your healthcare. 

What are some examples of an unsafe floor covering?

  • Sports surfaces – sports halls, playing courts and other surfaces need to be in tip top condition to prevent sports injuries, you could become injured if surfaces are slippery or have been incorrectly maintained
  • Slippery surfaces – slippery surfaces can be dangerous, this could either be due to a polished floor or water or another substance which may have been dropped on the surface
  • Uneven surfaces – floor coverings such as carpets can often mask uneven floor surfaces and this could cause you to trip or fall as a result, leaving you with injuries

What are some injuries that I could incur?

When it comes to unsafe floor coverings there are a number of injuries that you could be left with and these include:

  • Broken bones from trips and falls
  • Head and neck injuries
  • Sprains and twists
  • Cuts and lacerations from a fall.

Who could I claim against?

When it comes to making a compensation claim there are a number of people that you could claim against depending on who is responsible for your injury. If you have been left injured as a result of negligence on behalf of a third party such as a sports centre who may own a sports hall, then you may be eligible to make a claim against them. In addition, if you are injured in the workplace through the negligence of an employer then you may be eligible to make a claim against them.

What should I do next?

When it comes to making a compensation claim we understand it can often be an incredibly difficult and challenging process. As a result you may frequently feel overwhelmed by the whole process and that’s why the team at Manners Pimblett are here, to help you through the process every step of the way. We will work with you towards a successful outcome. Ensuring that you receive the compensation that you deserve.

To find out more contact the team at Manners Pimblett on 0845 077 0772.  

Contact us now...
Make a claim with our online accident claim form
Free claim calculator
accident claims
injury claims
Call us 24/7 on 0800 970 2907

Article archive

November 2015 August 2015 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 April 2013 February 2013 January 2013 November 2012 September 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 November 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 April 2010