Man injured by Tram in Piccadilly Gardens

A 67 year old man was in hospital with severe injuries after being hit by a Metrolink Tram on the morning of 5th June.  The man was hit whilst walking near Parker Street in Manchester city centre.  After being hit an ambulance was called and the man was taken to hospital, where he is said to be in a critical condition.

Reveal the remainder of this article »

Accidents involving trams are, fortunately, rare.  Due to their slow speed and specially trained drivers the accident rate involving them has remained low.  However, they are also almost silent, and it is common for pedestrians not to notice one coming.  Furthermore, the proliferation of MP3 players and mobile phones mean those pedestrians have many more things to distract them when a tram comes along.

What can I do if I have an accident involving a tram or bus?

If you are unlucky enough to have an accident involving public transport your injuries may unfortunately be more severe than one involving a car or motorbike.  Your expenses incurred resulting from the accident – either directly or indirectly - could be huge, and you may be able to claim for all of them.

Examples of expenses and losses are:

  • Medical fees, including transport to and from hospital;
  • Loss of earnings.  If you are an employee you may have to take an extended time off of work, during which you are only paid statutory sick pay.  You may even have to change jobs if your injuries prevent you doing your current job.  In severe cases you may have to give up work completely;
  • Loss of contracts.  If you are self-employed, a period of injury may result in losing expensive contracts, which could leave you with no money coming in for months;
  • Loss of amenity.  You may have to give up hobbies you once enjoyed, and the court can put a price on this type of loss;
  • Loss or damaged property, such as damaged clothing and loss of a vehicle, such as a car.

Injuries may change your life dramatically, causing permanent pain and suffering.  Personal injury specialists can put a financial value on this pain and you can claim damages for it.

Can I claim financial compensation for an injury caused by a tram?

If you had an injury which was not your fault, and it was caused by the negligence of a third party then you may have a claim for compensation.

Tram companies are generally well insured so will have an insurance company which will be able to pay you compensation.

However, it is easy to get lost in legal procedure.  It can be stressful and intimidating dealing with large companies.  Contact us at Manners Pimblett and we can do all the hard work for you 0845 077 0772.

Contact us now...
Make a claim with our online accident claim form
Free claim calculator
accident claims
injury claims
Call us 24/7 on 0800 970 2907

Article archive

November 2015 August 2015 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 April 2013 February 2013 January 2013 November 2012 September 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 November 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 April 2010